Are you looking for ways to:
- Increase your child’s confidence
- Develop their social and emotional skills
- Assist their motor planning skills – balance, strength and coordination
- Help them transfer therapy goals into real life settings
Rhythm Works is an integrative dance class being delivered by Peninsula School of Dance and ticks all those boxes!
Barefoot OT and Peninsula School of Dance work in partnership with children and their families to assist with the transition into the Dance School environment. Peninsula School of Dance is a well-established dance studio with qualified teachers and strong commitment to creating a welcoming and inclusive space for children of all abilities. Barefoot occupational therapists and speech therapists are skilled at working on inclusion and transitioning children into their hobbies. Barefoot assists children through a transition program in their clinic rooms prior to starting the program to work on the skills necessary to engage and be included.
Barefoot on the Dancefloor is a 10 week program that aims to successfully transition your child and your family from our therapy rooms into the dance studio. The program includes:
- In clinic transition occupational therapy sessions to support starting the dance program and to build the skills necessary to maintain attendance and inclusion.
- Occupational therapy support in the dance studio to focus on transition to practice.
- 1 private lesson with the Peninsula School of Dance instructor to introduce you to the dance studio and class
- 8 Rhythm Works dance classes
- Optional participation in a Peninsula School of Dance concert (additional charges apply)
- Ongoing support to your family to help overcome any barriers to your child’s participation in the dance class
- Assistance to re-enrol your child in classes should they wish to continue
Once dance classes have commenced Barefoot can also provide sessions at the dance studio that work on
- Task analysis- looking at each dance move and breaking in down into smaller steps
- Providing visual prompts to assist in transitioning between moves
- Self regulation strategies to assist in controlling emotions, impulses, managing their sensory needs and improving their ability to problem solve.
- Motor planning skills necessary for the program.
If you are interested in getting your child Barefoot on the Dancefloor at Peninsula School of Dance we would love to hear from you! You are welcome to make contact with us via out website or Ph: 5986 6948
Alternatively, you can make a direct enquiry with Barefoot OT by clicking on the below button. We welcome your enquiry!